4/26/11

Justice at last

As you all know I home school K.  What you may not know is the reason.  Two years ago she was molested and locked in a box in public school.  A Box!   Doing that to any human being is a crime.  Doing it to a child that can not speak is flat out Evil.

The administrators in the school were absolutely no help.  They failed to do their job and failed to protect my daughter then blamed me saying that "I" was an over protective parent.  They looked me in the eye and Lied like dogs.  They covered it up and harassed me to the point that I had to call the federal compliance officer and the federal autism expert.

I do not want to go into details, but I will say that it is a absolute miracle that I am not a murderer.  I'm not joking at all.   I still believe with all my heart that the world would be a better/safer place with out these 5 women on the planet.  I just have faith that they will get what they have put out there.  I have to let it go... every day I wake up and talk myself into letting it go.  It is getting easier.

The last two years we have been working really hard on healing K from the damage they caused.   We have 2 wonderful doctors that have helped so much with the PTSD and trauma.  They call me regularly, they come to the house, they have written letters to the state.  They are truly wonderful men who want K to get better.  We have had the support of the K12 school and the E-therapy programs.  They have both been a godsend.  K has learned SO very much and she is so much smarter than anyone ever knew.  She just keeps passing her goals and passing the new ones.   (she never once did that in public school)  I am so grateful for her team!  They are all rock stars that really care about her.  Everyone is a hero in my book because they make such a difference in our life.  I could brag and brag.... but I won't. (today)  If you are thinking of home school, don't do it alone.  Contact me and I will point you in the direction of a lot of help.

Today I got a call from our autism expert.  She has been really good to keep me posted on any autism related things I should know about.  She told me that the school was given enough time to "fix" the problem on their own.  They were not able to do that so the "department has been swept".  Meaning that all the people that gave me grief no longer work there. 

This is a little bit of justice.  Sure, they are still living, but they will not be able to hurt any more children and cause harm to families that are already stressed.  So everyone Celebrate the good news with with me! 

If you are wondering,  no we will not be sending K back to public school any time soon.  I love her program and it allows me to be the kind of mom that she needs.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh baby girl...I knew about the "box" but not all of it. My heart is so broken and my soul is hurt for what has happened to our angel girl. This is an injustice against her.
I am rejoicing with you about the firing of these teachers.
I too was in a situation with a teacher and Brook. I had to carry the burden alone and not one parent in the class would support me, nor the principal. I had to go to the school board by myself explaining what was happening to my child and I called them everyday something new occurred.
This went on for 1/2 of the school year. One day a set of parents came to me and wanted to know what they could do to help get rid of the teacher. I told them it was to late for their help as a decision had been made by the school board. This teacher was released from teaching in a classroom situation and taken from the school and put into another school as a librian. Her name was Miss Means and she lived up to her name in every way.
Give angel girl an extra special hug from her Aunt Kathy.
Love you so much.

Katie said...

Yay! I'm celebrating! Do you want me to make you a "nee-ner, nee-ner" tee shirt, because I totally will:)
I know this is a super hard thing, but when I think about how far Kalista has come since she has started her new school, I think it turned into a miracle despite it all! I'm not saying it should have happened, or that it was part of "the plan" because you know I don't think God works like that, but I think a lot of times something beautiful grows out of an ugly pile of crap, and this is one of those situations. (Sorry, I'm not eloquent tonight:)

Bobbi said...

Thanks girls! xoxo I love you both.
Kathy, I am sorry you had to do that alone. (hug) I heard about ms. Means, but I didn't know why she left. I was really shocked and saddened to find out just how many people would rather look the other way than make a few waves doing the right thing. Everyone wants to hop on my side now that the truth is coming out.

Katie, I would love a T shirt that says something about life outside of the box. I could ware it to the art fest where I know they will see it.

and.. you are right. Something beautiful has happened.