2/17/13

2/17

Kalista did a few cool things today.  It was such a beautiful day, warm and sunny.  I decided that we should take a walk to the fish pond.  It is quite a long walk that involves climbing up 100 steps. 

As we were walking along Kalista looks at me and says "run run run!".  Then takes off running and laughing.  So, I ran with her.  She did that 3 more times.  I think she was just so excited to go to the fish pond. It made me so happy to see her running and relaxed.  It gives me a glimpse of what normal must be like.

We played for a long time and got some much needed sunshine.  Jim decided it would be fun to bug Kalista and tickle her.  It was more fun for Jim than her and she let him know it by squawking and pushing at him.  Then right out of the blue she says "I don't want it!!".  Holy cow!  It was an appropriate spontaneous  sentence that used the word (I) correctly!!!  We were both so shocked that we laughed and cried a few happy tears.  Jim left her alone after she earned it with such good talking.

Later Kalista decided that she needed to go to the store and even wrote out a list for me.  It looked like squiggly lines on a postit note but that was fine because she knew what was on it.  She did great in the store and I am still thankful we are able to go into public now.  She picked out some healthy snacks with out any prompting from me.  I just love that she likes nuts and veggies.   A few hours later she came in and said clear as can be "carrot".  I was impressed because that is a word we have not been working on.  I walked in the kitchen and sure enough she had the baby carrots, that she just bought, out on the counter. 

This has been an amazing day full of words and surprises.   I'm really proud of how much My Angel has grown in the last few months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is doing so good because she has a wonderful mother. You are the best.