6/26/13

6/26

So it is summer!!!  This is the first year since I started homeschooling that we have taken a summer break.  They tell us never to let up... make every moment of every day a learning experience.   (sometimes that can be exhausting) The Angel would work and work with no complaints....  me I'm almost giddy at the prospect of having a moment of me time.

I have the time to exercise and spend time on my art projects.  I remember what it is like to work everyday....  It feels good to know I could still do that if I needed to. 

We haven't gotten any sleep in 3 days.  I'm blaming the super moon.  All this awake time has gifted me with some really sweet moment with Kalista.

Just now we were laying on the grass and had this conversation where she told me names of animals and what they said.  I told her how smart she was.   She had me laughing so hard because she knows some obscure animals like dolphins, peacocks, lamas,  penguins....   Her favorite animal, it turns out is the sheep and we had to go over this a few different times. 

It just amazes me that she is putting the effort in to talk about something unprompted.  Maybe taking a little break has been good for her too.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

That is cool that you get to have a summer break. K is extremely smart and it is great she is able to use her words to express what is in her heart.
Have a great summer break and come back when it is time to start again all refreshed and renewed.
You are such a fantastic mother and your rewards are great.
Love you so very much.

Bobbi said...

And I LOVE you! Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. <3