4/2/11

Muffins in the morning

There I was....

all warm in my bed and having a nice dream. 

I suddenly feel two little fingers pry open my eyelid.  I hear click click..... and then I saw the light!  

K had gotten Jim's mag light down from the shelf and was now holding it inches from my eye.

"OH! Mama, wake?"  she says.  "Want muffins?"

As soon as I got my site back I could see that it was 2:18 in the morning!!!

As long as I was already awake.....  why not.

I hope Jim wants muffins for breakfast.




GF Blueberry Muffins

Flour mix:
2 parts brown rice flour
2/3 part potato starch flour
1/3 part tapioca starch flour

Once you mix this up you can use it cup for cup in your recipes.

Muffins:
1 1/2 C. flour mix
1/2 t. xanthan gum
3/4 C. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 t. lemon zest
1/2 C. milk
1/2 C. oil
1 large egg
1 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 350.
In a bowl combine flour, xanthan gum, sugar,baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.  Add lemon zest, milk,oil, and egg.  Blend thoroughly with a fork until smooth.  Fold in the blueberries being careful not to over mix.

Divide into muffin cups.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments: