10/8/12

swearing...

Once upon a time.....

We were so desperate for Kalista to talk that we joked and said  "even if she swore we would be happy because at least that was SOMETHING!"

Well my friend,  today is that day.

I was reading in the living room and K was listening to her CDs.  The tv was on in the background because K absolutely has to have it on even if she doesn't watch it.  Most of the time I don't think she pays attention to it.

So some potty mouth on the tv said a swear word and she repeated it clear as a bell.  I was so shocked and told her No swearing.   She didn't even miss a beat and repeated what I said and then swore again.   It did kind of make me laugh but I told her again not to swear.

So all day long I have been hearing "Bleep... no swearing... Bleep... no no no!  Bleep... no swearing.....".  (at least she is telling herself not to swear)


I am grateful for words.  I am grateful for words.   Really really grateful for words..... every bleep one!

No comments: